Saturday, February 2, 2013

DIY | The Hi-Low Cropped Sweater for Winter, Spring and Fall

...but not summer because global warming is legit and I have no time for knitwear in that kind of heat.  
image
Step 1: Find a boring ass sweater. This one is from Charlotte Russe ages ago and the most exciting thing about it is the hood.

image
Step 2: Flip it on its side so the front and the back are now left and right...

image
Step 3: Start snipping at an angle; start hi and go low (duh)

image
(Save this part)

image
Step 4: When you flip it back, it should look like this...if it doesn't, make it work like Tim Gunn says.

image
Step 5: Snip out some chunks from the 'hi part' so the front is more jagged and whatever and just liiiiike totes cool and edgy for a fashion blog okaaaaay

image
Step 6: stretch the edges so they start to fray a bit (all the way around)

imageimage
Step 7: Now pull on the edges so it looks EVEN EDGIER

image
The final product should look something like this. If you wanted more fraying in the back, just pull some more strands out, but I think it looks better if the messiness is kept in the front (but if you went fully cropped, it would look good with fraying all the way around--yes, it's really THAT complicated okay).

image

I will take pictures of myself wearing this because sometimes I like to pretend I'm a fashion blogger. 

Bye for now.


4 comments:

  1. I actually like long knit granny cardigans. :\

    http://www.tea-and-cocktails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how it looked before but I also love how it looks after you cropped it :)

    Fusels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great DIY post, love the result!!
    Thanks for the comment =)
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love long cardigans, but sometimes they just look so blah so this is a great DIY!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.