Saturday, June 29, 2013

Five Summer Mouths

image
I've already talked about what I do with my eyes in the summer-now on to the mouth. Using the products above, I've come up with five different lip looks for summer that could possibly make your face more attractive. (Note: the rest of my make up is bare skin and Maybelline Rocket mascara; twist scarf is by AA).

image
1.  Revlon lip butter in "candy apple" with Milani "nude" lip liner. First of all, I just have to say that I have only recently discovered that lip liners are the shit. Lip liners are the base of all of these looks and the only way to keep your lip color looking awesome for a long period of time, so if you haven't already done so, get into it. I think the Milani lip liners are great, the only drawback is that they give very little product for the price and of course, sharpening them is a pain sometimes. All I have to say about the look is that this pinky coral lip is a more demure daytime color that would look good on pretty much anyone.

image
2. Revlon lip butter in "sugar plum" and Wet 'n Wild lip liner in "fab fuchsia". Wet 'n Wild is so underrated; they provide pretty decent quality of like, everything and it costs like, almost nothing. The two lip liners I picked up are of comparable quality to the more expensive Milani ones and they provide more product for only 99 cents. This lip liner in particular is basically the opaque version of the lip butter so it helps amplify the color (another reason why lip liners are the shit).

image
3. Revlon lip butter in "red velvet" and Wet 'n Wild lip liner in "berry red". I used to think red lipstick didn't look good on darker skin, but I have outgrown that coon mentality and I now understand that punchy, red lips are for everyone. I did a variation of this look using "candy apple" a while ago.

image
4. Cover Girl "It's Your Mauve" and Milani lip liner in "cocoa".  This was actually the first lip stick/lip liner combo I ever tried and I think the orange coral is daring and slightly outlandish, so of course, I love it. However, I'm not totally in love with the Cover Girl Continuous Color formula, at least not in this particular color; I thought it looked streaky and gross on its own, but it works well enough with a lip liner base.

image
5. Milani "black cherry" and "nude" lip liner. For this last look I decided to do a combo I have never done before and I came up with my new favorite lip color. The deep, rich tone of the "black cherry" created this gorgeous matte berry shade that is the perfect complement to dark brown skin.


So there you have it, five ways to make the lower half of your face more interesting this summer.


Day 60: more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.