Saturday, July 13, 2013

(Not Really) Recipe | White Chocolate Breakfast Cookies

First breakfast cake now, breakfast cookies...except having chocolate that early is probably not ideal for one's waistline... This is actually the result of a second attempt at a super simple recipe I found on a pack of Craisens®, which only proves how much I suck at life in general. Gather all the things and try to get it right the first time:
  1. 2/3 cup of Crisco® shortening + the 2 tbs. of water (subbing out the butter)
  2. 2/3 cup of brown sugar
  3. 2 large eggs
  4. 1 1/2 cups of flour
  5. 1 Tbs of baking powder
  6. 1/2 tbs of salt
  7. 2/3 cup of Craisins®
  8. 2/3 cup of white chocolate chunks or chips
 You need about 45 minutes to an hour from start to finish.

image
NOTE!!! This picture is a little misleading, you should mix the starch and sugar first and make sure it's all blended before you add the eggs. Kinda makes no diff in the end, but whatevs take note anyway.
 Step 1: Mix the wet stuff (eggs, shortening, water, and sugar)

image
Step 2: Mix in the dry stuff (oats, flour, powder, salt)

image
image
Step 3: Drop in the magic. I used one and a half baking bars.

image
Step 4: These were about 2.5 inches in diameter and I made sure to have a water bowl to dip my fingers in before I pushed the sticky batter off the ladle, kinda like I did here. Oven is at 350 degrees, bake for 10-15 minutes or until brown.

image
Step 5: They should look like this...I kinda wish I put more chocolate in though, but I guess that means they're healthier now (BOOOOO).

image

Breakfast of fatties


Day 74: New strategy.

1 comment:

  1. Great post!
    They looks so delicious, cant wait to try!


    Stainsintheuniform.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.