Thursday, May 18, 2017

(Not Really) Recipe | Kale soup

...first of all, KALE IS EVERYTHING. I feel like it's been missing from my diet for the past 31 years. Here's the way I prepare it as a side dish or sometimes my main meal (inspired by some random Food Network recipe).

Step 1: Get a full bushel of Lacinato kale. 
 
Step 2: chop it up; I like a rough chop for bigger bites
 
 Step 3: clean it. I use white vinegar because it naturally cleans and adds flavor. Then rinse.
 Step 4: Butter makes everything awesome so instead of a healthy oil, I use butter...I mean, the kale makes up for the butter, right? I melt some at the bottom of a medium sized pot, or sometimes I just add it to boiling water. Either way put about a table spoon of butter and 1 1/2 cups of water in a pot to boil (amount of water obviously depends on the amount of kale).
 
 Step 5: Add spices to the butter water; I used thyme and pepper.
 Step 6: Add the kale and spice it again.
 
 Step 7: Cover and let it boil/simmer for about five to 10 minutes.
It's so guuuuuud yessss, like a hot salad. I think it would be awesome with some veggie toppings like cherry tomatoes, carrots or even steamed broccoli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.