Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rainy Hot Dogs


I finally got around to using one of my free hotdog certificates that I randomly won at my new job. I almost never eat out, but I thought the opening day of the Olympics was the perfect occasion to enjoy some traditional fast food.  I left around 5 p.m. and planned on coming back before the opening ceremonies at 7:30 p.m. so maybe the suspense of racing against time also made me want to make the trip (it's the Olympian in me, really). The gloomy weather that day gave me a reason to wear my yellow rain jacket that I found months ago on the Gap clearance rack and never wore simply because I rarely step outside when it's raining.  However, I would wear my lilac rain boots from Urban Outfitters regardless of the weather because pastels make me happy.

I ended up missing the bus twice on the way back so I decided to use the extra time to stop into a dollar store and see if they had some candy I'd heard about from this YouTuber I just started watching. I don't understand how they could get away with charging $1.25 for that little bag (or charging over a dollar period), but they were really good and I'll probably buy them again anyway.

Although it wasn't raining at the beginning of the trip, by the time I left the dollar store, it began to trickle. Eventually, the sun peaked out and it turned into a nice Midwestern sun shower.  I came home to find Lorna Doone cookies all of which I promptly devoured after my hot dog.

1 comment:

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.