Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Dead Roses Series | Runny Yolks

image

I could have called this something like 'Dead Baby Chicks' or 'Aborted Poultry', considering how morbid this photo series has been in the past, but I thought I'd be more literal this time. For this edit, I removed all the contrast and some of the shadows and I flattened out the colors to give that saffron glow a more vintage feel. This photo does not provoke any thoughts in particular aside from a broken egg yolk bleeding into egg whites, but I do like how the surfaces of the petals are slightly visible because it adds an interesting texture to the image even though the actual state of the plant is still ambiguous.

1 comment:

  1. I like Dead Roses better. Your description is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.