Monday, July 21, 2014

Shoe Unboxing and Review | Opening Ceremony Slip On Platform Sneakers

Remember when I said I wasn't going to buy anymore shoes? I lied...or maybe I meant that I wasn't buying anymore that year...I honestly don't recall. Either way, I'm back on the market for some new feet stuff, here's the latest:

image
I've been loving the white sneaker trend this season and I decided to invest in these very sleek platform slip ons by Opening Ceremony. They are my first pair of shoes by this brand so I was very particular about the presentation...
image
They came beautifully packaged with dust bags for each shoe in a sturdy, embossed box that I appreciated enough to think twice about discarding.
image
The shoes are really well made with neat and functional details that give them a rather pleasant normcore look. However, the fully lined leather interior is an issue for larger sizes. They do fit a whole size small (Solestruck says a half, but it feels like a whole size) and breaking them in will be extremely challenging for wider feet. I have narrow feel so I'm able to deal with the constricting leather, but when I first put them on, I could barely get my foot in...
image
...nevertheless, the shoes are a wonderful addition to my collection that I know I'll be wearing for years.
image

image
This is how I styled them for the first time to run some errands.

It has taken about two weeks of wear and sock stretching and a giant new-shoe blister to get them to mold to my foot and even though they're still pretty snug I can say they're definitely as comfortable as they were intended to be.

1 comment:

  1. if I wear a size 10 then according to your experience I should get a size 11?

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.