Friday, January 5, 2018

2017 lookback and lookbook

VEDA leather vest; Fendi shearling sneakers

 

dress by Edit and Gucci loafers



 


Gianvito Rossi boots and Kate Spade bag strap


jumpsuit by Only Hearts; B&O Play headphones; visor by Brixton


Isabel Marant boots

Aquazurra boots (charms are my own)

Filson hat; Vetements dress


2017 was...interesting to say the least.

It was just a lot right from the start...and all the way to the end. All the linear parts of my life, primarily work, remained stable while other things would just...happen.

The list of unfortunate events is too long for my liking and I'd rather not recount any of them here, but I survived...not all of my clothing did--that Acne leather jacket has since been replaced for example along with many other items lost in said unfortunate events. Despite what I tend to post on this blog, I have never been truly materialistic. I do not attach my worth or any real meaning on to things like I do with people. 2017 really proved to me that material things of good quality are still replaceable, but good people are hard to find.

I did what I could to deal with it all; I took a couple trips to step away (and see Britney Spears! Will share later of course) and to reflect and recoup. I did this so often that I don't have any real 2018 resolutions because I was able to find my resolve in all those moments of being knocked around a bit. There's something special about finding a way to settle down after disruption. Yes, I did cry; yes, I did scream at people; yes, I did stay in bed longer than my usual sloth self...but I'm not drained, or defeated. 

Finally, I've come to believe that the saying 'life goes on' doesn't really become apparent until you have watched it wither away right in front of you. However, watching death front and center doesn't make me afraid, it makes me even more ready to live. 

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.