Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Some Reading | 2017 Video Music Awards

Award shows are getting so boring and basic to me…I’m just gonna casually run through the highlights this time...

First of all the ONLY REASON I wanted to watch is this:

...those Saint Laurent boots are currently sold out on Net-a-porter btw.

Kendrick’s opening performance gave me anxiety, I felt like one too many things were on fire…I hope all those dancers have great insurance. He’s an electric performer without all that.


Then here comes that ginger boy singing about things I KNOW his ugly ass knows nothing of…accompanied by an autotuned Negro I don’t care about.


...remember when she was hot?

Katy Perry is about to over-quirk her way through this production...lots of muting on the way for me.

I can’t believe they cut off that Julie girl, I caught her performance during the Billboard Awards and I actually LIKED it a lot…I was shocked they cut her off just to announce something about that gluttonous white woman…

Taylor Swift’s video was dumb...the fashions were LIT...

thigh highs are a cornerstone of my aesthetic as you all know

...but the song was dumb...



I muted that white kid with the nasally voice performing Shawn something, he’s like a third-rate Nick Jonas.

I unmuted for Lorde and the bitch didn’t even sing…or dance very well.


Teyana Taylor channeled a ‘90s Janet. Iconic.



Fifth Harmony finally comes on opening with direct shade to their now unfortunate departed member—THEN NORMANI SLAYING MY LIFE HITTING A SPLIT LIKE A BOWWSSS. It was everything.

I didn’t appreciate them once again cutting off a performance, Chester Bennington will be missed.



Miley Cyrus is highkey one of the best vocalists of our time. She did great she even put clothes ON during the performance, which was like, wow. The whole thing was charming.

Demi Lovato comes out flanked by blacks to disguise her yelling as “soulful”.

Pink works so hard…her net worth should be higher…I still don’t like her...and she should have told her daughter about Kylie Jenner.
Thirty Seconds to Mars would have done better without whatever autotuned negro was in that song. That performance was visually pleasing tho, mainly because Jared is so ugly now.

The moment to recognize American history repeating itself/whites being white…was unnecessary and I’m pretty sure that foundation is a scam (can’t trust a white woman for shit).

The next performance was also unnecessary, won't even comment on it.


Katy Perry closed with a performance filled with the usual goofy ass visuals, but also so legit vogue dancing and Nicki looked snatched as usual.

Other things of note


Why does Fifth Harmony’s stylist hate Ally Brooke so much?

Why does Jared Leto insist on looking homeless in the face?

But for real, why is Demi Lovato always yelling? I liked how she sang when she still had a gap in her teeth and was hitting people.

Where was Ariana Grande? And Halsey? I was really starting to like both of those white girls.

Are the whites who run BET the same ones cutting off these new artists?



And there are all these new weepy-voiced white boys out here, I can’t even keep up anymore...

Is this Logic white the new Maclemore white?

Is Bebe Rexha the new Rita Ora? 

...so many questions...

It was a good show I guess, I could have done without all the focus on people killing themselves and the world being a fucking mess right now--it always comes off cliché when rich, mostly ignorant people get preachy. Anyway the highlights were super lit and I was glad some of my faves were featured.

Fashion...only focusing on the faves, although it wasn't a terrible red carpet at all

Yara shahidi...satin stunner.

Hailee Steinfeld...serving ice princess looks.

Hailey Baldwin...and serving ice Queen looks.



Normani...LITERALLY OWNING THE RED CARPET OMG.


Nicki Minaj...standard issue living doll in pink latex once again.

Chanel Westcoast...I don't know where she stands on the Iggy Azelea scale, but I love how clean and loud this was.

Gucci Mane (his stage look)...Gucci in Gucci. So beautiful


Paris Jackson...the more I look at the Dior ensemble the more I love it.

Joan Smalls...so sleek and simple, honestly something I would wear so I had to include it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.