Monday, October 15, 2018

Prada now and later

I'm not really into Prada, but I don't have an aversion either--honestly, as long as a designer label is able to provide what I'm looking for I don't really care what that label is and I only have a few favorites that I'll support label first rather than product first.

Since I'm forever obsessed with fur on shoes or bags these fluffy slides had my attention and after they were put in the Net-a-Porter sale I decided to make the purchase. I have to admit I'm glad I got a deep discount because they do fit small and I didn't really feel comfortable in them until I broke them in and conditioned the fur with vinegar so the dye would stop rubbing off (which is honestly kind of ghetto for a high end designer no?).


https://66.media.tumblr.com/eb46bfeb12aafd6b864fbd1afae6ce8e/tumblr_pgh54xo0VU1qhn7y1o1_540.png
Despite those minor flaws of the leopard print version, I will still seriously consider the neutral version if it does go on sale. The design is so perfect, reminiscent of the fur slides by Celine from several years ago that started the whole shearling foot bed trend:

Phoebe Philo is really THAT BITCH. I was drooling when these came out and so sad I was too broke to purchase.
Many designers have been using this Celine creation as the prototype for luxury slides and I really hope the trend continues because I find walking on a bed of luxurious fur all day extremely necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.