Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Jumpsuit and Steinbeck

image
The hail and rain falling outside didn't stop me from getting all pastel purrtee.
  
Twice a year this weird moving outlet store comes to the campus to sell name brand clothes to the college students who have no business buying them given the balance on their student accounts. I'm graduated now and somewhat employed so I decided to check it out.  

Anytime I go shopping I always have some irrational fantasy about what I'd like to find...usually, I leave unsatisfied, but the moment I do see something that I've always wanted it's literally my only happiness in the world...that's actually kind of sad.

Anyway, I was looking for a t-shirt dress for summer, something denim and something fringed. The latter items were not very specific mainly because I wasn't expecting to see such things amongst the past season Free People tunics and random French Connection blouses...however, t-shirt dresses are pretty ubiquitous so I knew I would find one at a decent price.

Then suddenly my hanger pulling fingers grazed something denim-like something nice and denim. 

Lo and fucking behold, a jumpsuit.

Karen Blanchard has a jumpsuit. I NEED A JUMPSUIT.

denim overalls
  Absolute perfection. Source


...and so that's what I got.


image
...mine is a little more mechanic-chic, but I think Karen would approve.

Even though I had selected a couple of t-shirt dresses, I decided to put them back because I figured I could make my own by simply converting an undershirt designed for a big fat man.

The handmade signs attached to the racks lead me to believe the jumpsuit would cost $20, which I thought was an excellent deal considering it would bring me closer Karen's wardrobe. When I got to the register the guy taking the tuition money was like, "Is this 10 dollars?" I just shrugged and tried my best to look pretty enough to get a discount. 

"It is now!" he replied.

Mission accomplished.
--okay, so I actually read the signs wrong, but can we just pretend my looks can get me a 50 percent discount?


My next trip was to a bookstore so I could finally pick up the only book I've ever read that was worth purchasing.

image
RANDOM FACT THAT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER: This cover is apparently a facsimile or a reproduction of the original cover

...this book kind of changed my life when I read it for the first time a few years ago and it's definitely going to be at the top of my summer reading list.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.