Monday, June 16, 2014

A.U.I.M.E. | Beginning with the End (part one)

image

image


image

image

image


image

image


Now that I'm properly settled in to my new place, I'm going to get back into the music section of this obscure little blog. This is part one of a two part review of all the musical content I've accumulated since the end of 2013. This portion includes artists that are well established in the game or at least familiar to my iPod...

M.I.A-Matangi...This is the most energetic album of the bunch with incredible dance tracks that keep me bouncing off the walls every time I push play. "Exodus"/"Sexodus" are my favorite tracks; one is basically subtle remix of the other, but the song is so good she could have put it on a third time.

The Weeknd-Trilogy...I'm kind of obsessed with this kid; his vocals just sweep me away and I hear something new in each song that makes me love it more every time I listen. He also happens to be the originator of the melody behind M.I.A.'s "Exodus", which is probably why I like that song so much. My favorite tracks are "D.D" (a flawless "Dirty Diana" remake), "House of Balloons" and "Next" and so many more because everything is just perfection.

Britney Spears-Britney Jean...She's still the queen of pop as far as I'm concerned and this was such a wonderfully refreshing effort from her. Reviewed in full HERE.

Nine Inch Nails-Hesitation Marks...Trent Reznor's artistry is forever compelling and I'm loving his latest work. It's dark with flashes of unexpected levity with songs that are as complex as they are catchy. Favorite tracks: "Copy of a", "Satellite", "Came Back Haunted".

Natalia Kills-Perfectionist...I had to pick up some tracks from this young lady's debut album. I think her star is still rising and she's definitely on the brink of taking center stage with some of her songs being featured in some mainstream productions. Fave tracks: Acid Annie, Zombie.

Marina and the Diamonds-The Family Jewels...Katy Perry's more indie cousin is really brilliant and like Natalia, I had to seek out her earlier work, which I found to be a little more quirky than Electra Heart, but just as infectious. Fave tracks: "The Outsider", "Guilty", "Rootless", "Oh No!"

Beyoncé-BEYONCE...I'm seriously afraid of retaliation from the Bey Hive if I say that this is my first time putting any of her music on my iPod--I do agree that she's the Queen of the Universe so I hope that makes it better. Fave tracks: "***Flawless", "Haunted", "Blow", "Heaven".

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.