To be relieved of such ignorance, follow the words and pictures for my version of an American classic:
Here's what you'll need:
- Cheese (pick one or two that are NOT American. American cheese is stupid)
- Some spice; I love oregano and I think basil also has a sweetness that complements cheese
- Bread; whatever you prefer
- Butta baby!
- Also some tomato something...either soup or sauce or whatever tomatoness you want.
- Tools: frying pan and a spatula
Step One: Melt two Tbs. of butter in a pan.
Step Two: If you keep your bread in the freezer like I do, heat it up in the toaster for like 15 seconds then slap it on the pan...
Step Three: let the bread soak up that buttaaa mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........fattening.
Let it brown a bit as you flip it and sprinkle a little spice as it soaks.
Step Four: Put the cheese down; mine is munster, one of my favorite non-American cheeses. Spice it again because you wanna be fancy like me.
Step Five: Make a sandwich and keep flipping until that cheese melts.
BOOM. SO GOOD. EAT IT.
Step Four and a half: Add more cheese because obviously....
Non-American grilled cheese is dangerously addictive.
Please be careful.