Friday, October 10, 2014

gettin' my strap on

So I have a thing about strappy sandals. They've always been necessary, but I've never been able to find the perfect pair...it's kind of a Goldilocks dilemma...
...the straps and the heel on this style are too thin. I feel like I would have to be going somewhere special with straps so skinny--like, why so much foot exposure if not to impress with all my fanciness?

 
 ....the straps on these are a wonderful casual thickness, but they are a superluxe material (probably suede or velvet) and I can tell by the position of her foot that they are way too high. High heels in a dressy fabric=wherethefuckyougoinglookinlikethatguuurl???

 
These ones are a nice thickness as well, but there's no heel and strappy sandals just don't work for me if there's no heel.

Sigh. I almost forgot to mention that this whole dilemma actually started last year when I thought I had the perfect pair...I was sort of so obsessed with them that I dismissed the fact that they kind of sucked...
I literally could not keep the straps ON. Stupid buckles only looked good, didn't work for shit.
After all that struggle, I gave up on strappy sandals for a while...

...fast forward to this year when I found yet another perfect pair I thought would solve all of my strappy ass problems:
image
...I styled them here. Then I stuck them in some random oily place in my suitcase when I went to Minnesota and I ended up ruining them. Even though they were a DSW clearance purchase for only $20, I was sad.

R.I.P. perfect strappy heels with amazing nude color blocking that works for black women design--I will miss you dearly.

After months of scouring the internet to find a replacement, I settled on yet another perfect pair by Emma Go, a brand I have never heard of that is featured on Solestruck.com:

image
They are all leather with perfectly thick straps that don't create any assumptions and a thick, easy heel for everyday comfort.
image

I waited and waited until Solestruck had another sale and by the time I finally purchased them, it had gotten too cold to wear them (I know right? What is my life...). Maybe if there's a 65 degree day when I'm not working and I decide to do more than just grocery shop, there will be some sort of styling...probably with socks because I'm definitely not going anywhere special like that.


1 comment:

  1. Damn, that's too bad about the perfect color block sandals. They were so cute! Love the way you write, so real and hilarious! If only I wasn't so proper.... Miss you dear.

    Nailah

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.