Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Beauty Review | The Glam Caddy as Nail Polish Storage

 image
 ...anyone else sick of digging through whatever to get to the right nail polish? I was.
*infomercial music starts playing*
image
 ...so when I finally found enough space in my tiny apartment for some real nail polish storage I decided to pick up the Glam Caddy from Bed Bath and Beyond. It's designed for all kinds of cosmetics as you can see from the package, but I was mainly drawn to the idea of having all my polishes on a turntable display. SO. BOUGIE.
image
 ...it comes with very simple instructions and only took about five minutes to assemble.
 image
Specifications (based on my measurements):

Height: 8 inches (from the ground to the top center compartment)
Diameter: 10.25 inches
Space between top/base shelf and center sliding shelf: 2.25 inches
Space between bottom side shelf and top side shelf: 5 inches
Also, the manual said the max weight is 10 pounds; according to Google all my polishes were about 5 ish (you have to convert fluid ounces to dry pounds).

image
 ...this is what it looks like with 90 nail polish and nail art items in it (includes a few thin nail art polishes and a small NYX glitter thing). I literally looked all over my apartment to make sure I could cram everything I had on there just to test the maximum storage. I would say 80-90 polish bottles of a smaller size is the max capacity. After I selected all the ones I would use, I had 75 on there.
image
 Specific bottles that DID NOT fit in the front compartments: China Glaze and Urban Outfitters, they were too fat. Revlon, Milani, Essie, F21, L'Oreal, OPI [...]--the majority of my bottles fit nicely.

However, I still found a place for the fatties:
image
 The sliding shelf does not sit low enough to stand up the polishes, but you can still slip them in there without a problem.
image
 ...I found the bottom shelf convenient too even though the polishes had to lie flat, but that's how they would be if you had them in drawer anyway and the caddy is transparent so it makes no difference if they're standing or flat as long as you can see them all.
image
Take note, my nails WOULD NOT BE CHIPPED if I had this thing sooner.
In order to make the caddy more ergonomic, I removed the lids on the two center compartments at the top shelf so I can place the polishes inside a compartment instead of on top. So now it's easier to reach over and grab the polishes without having any fall over.
image
I'm keeping them; they will make excellent nail design tools, for dotting color and such...
image
See? Now all my top and base coats are sitting inside one of the top compartments. I could fit seven bottles of varying sizes in there.
image
 This is what the top part looks like, all the polishes on the edge are the ones I'm really into this season (pastels and nudes).
image
...and I placed all the out of season, summer polishes on the bottom center (they are harder to reach, but that doesn't matter if I'm not really using them).
image
 ...and here are all my glitter polishes in one of the side compartments. The other side contains my dark fall polishes.
image
Here's where I keep it; the caddy just slides right into this little open shelf, leaving enough space for me to comfortably reach in and grab what I need.  My apartment feels so much less shitty now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.