Wednesday, December 28, 2016

the winter index

So it's cold now. I've come up with some ways to keep you from turning into a popcicle...or just a cold weather crybaby...


Let's start with the hands, these cashmere and shearling mittens by Rag and Bone are about to be added to my shopping list; the zipper detail is so unique.


LOOK AT HER
SLAYING.
I love when designers are able to find unique ways to reintroduce accessories. This hoodie, shawl hybrid by Mackage is so sleek and gorgeous that despite it being kind of extra, it still manages to be 100000 percent necessary.
If you live in areas with mild to chilly winters an everyday pull on boot is a staple, but that doesn't mean you have to go for the "Australian status quo" (I have a love/hate relationship with Uggs to be honest). I'm noticing the sneaker boot trend has been on the rise for a few seasons now and I'm totally here for these Mou suede sneaker boots. Their boho casual vibe is actually kind of adorable and not as basic as their widely popular counterparts.
So your winters are cold AND wet? Duck boots have always been the answer--not the most attractive answer, but Sperry is out here changing the game with their new line of short boots; they're actually more sensible city-chic than backwoods midwest.
Regardless of the weather conditions, everyone needs an oversized sweater--preferably in cashmere or some luxe variation. The Row is forever churning out knits in basic neutrals that are far from basic. I need all of them.
...and also, yes to sweater dresses. Like, why not cover your legs in knitwear too? This Demylee knit reminds me of the Acne Studios Dita dress that I missed out on a while ago.
...and this one reminds me of a really cool oil slicked water puddle. I'm adding this Raquel Allegra knit to show that I don't think only beige knits are beautiful (I still remember when I bought like five in a row two years ago like...??? That was kind of sad.)

I'm not even into wearing sunglasses, but I figure if one is wearing the standard winter all-black uniform, how major would it be to have statement shades like these ones from Illesteva? Such a major way to shield your eyes from the sunny glare off the snow.
Since we're talking about major accessories, basic wool hats are fine, but luxurious fur ones are better and this Jocelyn mink beanie is gorgeous (also a shopping list addition).

Ever wonder what Kanye West wears to the grocery store? I have. Honestly, I really have...I'm guessing it would look something like this Givenchy sweater, you know, like out of the apocalypse...in a cute way.
Another apocalyptic piece...this Raquel Allegra dress is good for more mild winters paired with salt-stained Uggs and a giant puffer jacket for added faux homelessness. LOVE IT.

This pick is kind of random because it's designed for indoor wear, but that's perfect for my sloth lifestyle. I can look all dressed up in this Hanro night dress and not even leave my apartment-amen.

These final two picks are items I thought represented certain trends I've been into lately. Above are the latest from Moon Boot that look like a super cute response to the athleisure trend with the sleek neoprene fabric and lowkey faux fur.
Finally bomber jackets are everywhere in every print, style, fabric, cut--you name it. I'm obsessed with this faux fur selection from SJYP, everything about it is over-the-top and so irresistible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE: If you want me to check out your blog, just leave your address :) BUT DON'T BE ANNOYING AND ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU.